Frieze Carpet aka twist is common and widely used carpet nowadays. It is the modern reincarnation of the shag carpet from the 70’s. However, these carpets are much better looking and long last than its previous form. The fiber of this carpet is highly twisted and bent at the top which gives it the twisty texture. Most of the Frieze carpets are used in homes especially in bedrooms and tv lounge as their design gives them an informal look which is surprisingly attractive.
The Frieze’s main reason for the popularity is its durability; this enables the carpet to last longer than conventional carpets. This is because of its unique texture which acts as a natural resistance to the force or weight of your foot or furniture and causes no blooming whatsoever.
In addition to the durability, there are certain plus points to the frieze carpet, and they are the following:
- These carpets are great for camouflaging dirt which is a plus point if your house is crowded with people especially children.
- Unlike other carpets, the frieze will comparatively have fewer footprints and marks because of the loose and long fibers.
- The frieze is typically pretty comfortable and fun to walk on as it is as soft as cotton. If you walk on it, barefoot you will see that it feels very good.
Up till now we have focused only on the benefits of a frieze carpet, let’s have a look at some of the major drawbacks or unnecessary features of this carpet:
- The cleaning of the frieze is a complex task because of its long and loose fibers which enable the dirt to hide underneath and as a result, you need a good vacuum cleaner that can thoroughly suck the dirt that may lay hidden.
- If you accidentally spill water or any beverage you will find it difficult to control it, and it will flow everywhere, and you will eventually have to clean up the whole carpet.
Overall, it can be concluded that a frieze carpet is worth buying as the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. In addition to that, if properly used and taken care of this carpet can last for a long period while maintaining its beauty. So if you’re looking for something that is casually comforting and looks better than a frieze carpet is what you should be buying.